[DMC-853] GridFTP session reuse + PUT / GET through the same connection hangs
- GridFTP session reuse is enabled
- The remote endpoint supports the GETPUT extension
- When uploading and then downloading a file through the same connection, the download process freezes, potentially causing a timeout.
- Possibly a bug in Globus libraries: Issue 57
- Disabling GridFTP session reuse avoids these timeouts. It can be done programmatically, if you can not modify the configuration files:
ctx.set_opt_boolean("GRIDFTP PLUGIN", "SESSION_REUSE", False)