What is DAVIX ?
davix is a C++ toolkit for advanced I/O on remote resources with HTTP based protocols.
It aims to be a simple, performant and portable I/O layer for Cloud and Grid Storages services.
davix is composed of a shared library, libdavix and of a set of utility tools for data management.
Libdavix offers a high level C++11 API for resources manipulations on top of HTTP.
davix has been designed for a usage as I/O layer for high performance computing and big data analysis
It supports advanced features like:
- Data management operations (listing, metadata, delete, directory creation, renaming )
- Metalink and Replica management.
- Vectored operations.
- Session and redirection optimization.
- X509 credential, Proxy certificate.
- Amazon S3 authentication
davix supports several HTTP based protocols : Webdav (dav(s)://) and Amazon S3 (s3(s)://).
- Linux ( Fedora, Scientific Linux 5/6/7, RHEL 5/6/7, Debian, Ubuntu )
- AIX, HP-UX ( compatibility for ROOT)
- Mac OSX
- cygwin Windows
Packaging Status : here
Roadmap & Support:
Open bugs: here
Git repository :
git auth : git clone https://git.cern.ch/reps/davix git public : git clone http://git.cern.ch/pub/davix