How to get Davix ?
Davix is yet an other libcurl ?
- Libcurl defines itself as a "client side URL transfer" for multiple protocols
it provides "protocol level" API for a large set of protocol. You have to compose your queries mannually with the different protocols
- Davix offers a file oriented API AND an HTTP API.
Davix targets explicitely remote I/O, data management and RESTful Webservice interaction.
What does Davix support ?
- X509 client auth with proxy credential support
- Vector operations (Partial reads, multi-range, single range)
- Redirections caching
- Webdav parsing
- Data management operations ( mkdir, rm, stat )
How to use ?
* Command line tools
davix-ls: file listing
davix-get: download operations
davix-put: upload operations
davix-mkdir: collection creation
davix-rm: deletion operations
davix-http: HTTP query tool
* Libdavix, see API here
How to compile ?
- Davix Dependencies :
- doxygen ( optional, for doc generation )
Example under Fedora / EL :
yum install -y cmake doxygen libxml2-devel openssl-devel
- Compile :
- " 3.mkdir build; cd build"
- " 4. cmake ../"
- " 5. make "
- Generate doc :
- * run cmake
- make doc
- Compile and run unit tests :
- cmake -DUNIT_TESTS=TRUE ../
- make test
- Compile & execute func tests :
* warning : functionals test needs davserver and a valid credential
- " 4. cmake -DFUNCTIONAL_TESTS=TRUE ../ "
- " 5. . ../test/setup_test_env.sh
- " 5. make; make test"
- create SRPM :
- ./packaging/bin/packager_rpm.sh ./packaging/rpm/specs/ ./
- mock -r [mycfg] RPMS/davix-[...].src.rpm
How to get more informations ?
please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org ( CERN e-group & mailing list ) or personnaly on email@example.com
Davix is a free software project, any contribution, patch, bug report or feature request is welcome.